Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Unboxing + First Impressions: Urban Decay Naked2 Palette

I got it! I got the Naked2 Palette! If you've been living under a rock then you may not know that Urban Decay has finally decided that they needed a sequence of the all time best seller eyeshadow palette they've created. I heard various rumors back in October about a possible new Naked, I (as well as many others) was so excited to hear some kind of news about it. Then just last month we saw some leaked photos on the web and finally got some real answers! Yes - a new Naked is going to be on the market. And just in time, too! The holidays are coming up therefore buying presents for the lovely ladies (and men) in your life. I know I would love to get this palette as a Christmas present but as soon as I saw the palette was available online I dropped everything and immediately ordered! I was actually still in school (Art class to be exact) when I ordered. I couldn't wait! I knew Urban Decay and how the original Naked palette went around. Once it's available you order right away! I would usually wait until it's on Sephora so I could get my points, but it won't be on Sephora's website until January so I knew there was no waiting. 


The arrival of the Naked2 


Look how gorgeous the packaging is! It's a beautiful light bronze-gold tin with gold-brown writing on it. I really think Urban Decay outdid themselves with this one. 




(Foxy, Half Baked, Booty Call, Chopper)

Foxy is a matte pale yellow cream bisque. The quality of this eyeshadow could definitely improve. It was smooth but lacked in instant pigmentation. I had to layer it a few times to get it to it's full opaqueness.

Half Baked is a shimmery coppery golden bronze. Ah, we meet again. As many of you know, Half Baked was in the original Naked palette as well as many other Urban Decay's palettes in the past. I was disappointed to see it again. If Urban Decay were to put in a color from the previous palette I think it would make more sense to put in Naked since the palette is called Naked2 after all.

Booty Call is a frosty peach-white beige. It does remind me a little bit of one of my all time favorite eyeshadows - Virgin. Booty Call is a little more peach while Virgin has more pink tones, though.

Chopper is a shimmery copper with silver macro glitter. I have to say this isn't my favorite color in the palette but I don't hate it either. It's nice, it has a little bit of a fall out but nothing too major.



(Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol)

Tease is a matte mauve-brown. The color is quite unique from what I've seen from Urban Decay, though the eyeshadow itself is quite dry and stiff. It doesn't apply that well.

Snakebite is a shimmery dark bronze with a golden sheen. The texture is really lovely. It's very buttery and easy to work with.

Suspect is a shimmery soft golden beige. The payoff of the eyeshadow is nice. 

Pistol is a frosted dirty grey brown. I feel like this is one of the most raved about eyeshadows coming from this palette so far. In all of the videos I've seen and posts I've read about this palette people always comment on it. 



(Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout)

Verve is a shimmery oyster color. This particular shade was featured in the Rollergirl Palette. From what I can tell it has no fall out which is always great.

YDK is a frosted warm coppery medium brown. I've wanted to try out YDK for the longest now so I'm actually really glad they decided to include it in this palette. 

Busted is a burgundy warm brown. It has a bit of a frosty finish; nothing dramatic. Hardly noticeable. 

Blackout is an intense deep black. The color payoff is quite nice. 

I didn't get any pictures of the gloss + I haven't even swatched it yet! Once I do I'll include it here :) 

So, what do you guys think? Will you purchase? Will you be buying these as Christmas presents? Let me know in a comment! xo  






2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the colors in the palette, but I have the 1st Naked palette as well as the Anniversary, Book of Shadows and individual shadows so I feel like it's overkill for me!

    http://confessionsofabeauty-holic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @habbott2 I have the original and the 15th Anniversary palette, too! If I had to choose between all of them I would definitely choose this one! I love all of the colors, some of the colors in the original were too warm for me and as for the 15th Anniversary there weren't too many shades I loved to be honest. It must be a bit of an overkill with all those UD eyeshadows, though! xo

    ReplyDelete